PlayStation Knowledge Center
Enable password at checkout from PlayStation Store
As an additional safeguard, you may wish to enable the option to require a password on checkout from the PlayStation Store. If this option is enabled, every time a purchase is made, you will be prompted to enter yourPlayStation Network password in order for a purchase to be successful.
Note that this does not prevent an account from adding funds to their wallet.
Using the PlayStation®3 system
- On the XMBTM, go to (PlayStation®Network) and sign in to your account.
- Highlight (Account Management) and press the button.
- Select "Transaction Management" and press the button.
- Highlight "Require Password on Checkout" press the button.
- Highlight the drop down box and press the button. Change the option to "On" and press the button.
- Once complete move the cursor to "Confirm" and press the button to save these changes.
Using a computer
- Go to the Sony Entertainment Network account Management website, https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com.
- Log in to your account.
- Click on "Manage Wallet Options".
- Next to "Require Password on Checkout" click on the drop down box and change this option to "Yes".
- Click on "Continue" to save the changes.