PlayStation Knowledge Center
The PSN Status Indicator is now located in the top right corner of PlayStation.com
- Click here to make sure that you have properly set up the PSP system with the AV cables.
- Make sure you hold the [Display] button for at least 5 seconds for the picture to appear on your TV.
- The Component AV cable and Composite AV cables for the PSP system are only compatible for use on the PSP-2001 and PSP-3001 model. They will not work on the PSP-1001 model or the PSPgo. The Composite and Component AV cables for the PSPgo are not compatible for use with PSP-1001, PSP-2001, or PSP-3001 models.
- If you are using Component AV cables outputting in progressive mode, but your TV doesn't support progressive scan, the picture may be distorted. To change this setting go to (Settings) > [Connected Display Settings] > [Component / D-Terminal Output] and change this setting to "Interlace".
- Games will output using the Composite AV cables with the PSP-3001 only.
- Check to see if the cables are damaged. If they are they will need to be replaced.
- If possible, try a different AV cable.
Tried these steps and still need help?
If you have tried the troubleshooting information above, but continue to experience problems, you may need to contact our Consumer Services department to have your PSP system serviced. Click on the image below to be directed to the service page.