PlayStation Knowledge Center
If you do not know your password, you must have the following information in order to use your PS3 to reset your PlayStation Network password:
- PlayStation Network Sign-in ID (email address)
- Date of Birth
- Access to the email account linked to your Sony Entertainment Network account.
- On the XMB™, go to (PlayStation®Network) > (Account Management) and press the button (if you don't see (Account Management), then you are already signed out. Proceed to Step 3 below).
- Highlight "Sign Out" and press the button. This will log you out of your Sony Entertainment Network account.
- Go back to (PlayStation®Network), select "Sign In", and press the button. This will bring you to the PlayStation Network sign in screen.
- Enter the Sign-In ID for which you wish to recover your password, then highlight "Forgot your password?" and press the button.
- Confirm that the email address is correct and enter your date of birth. Highlight "Continue" and press the button.
- Highlight "Confirm" and press the button to have the email sent. Once you receive the email, follow the instructions in the email to complete your password reset.
Issues resetting password
- If you have pressed the “Forgot your password” button multiple times, use the temporary reset link from the LAST email you received from the PlayStation Network as it will contain the current and only valid link.
- Please check your SPAM folder just in case your "Forgot your password" reset email was flagged as SPAM.
- Add "PlayStationNetwork@ac.playstation.net" to your address book
- Make sure you are checking the email account that is linked to your Sony Entertainment Network account
- If you do not know your Sign-In ID, date of birth of the account, or have access to the email account linked to your Sony Entertainment Network account, please call our Consumer Services department for assistance.
Consumer Services Department
Phone: 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Live Chat: Click here and then click the chat icon on the Contact Options page to chat with a PlayStation Specialist during business hours.
View our Contacting Support page for hours of operation and additional ways to receive support.