PlayStation Knowledge Center
The PSN Status Indicator is now located in the top right corner of PlayStation.com
With Automatic Download, trial versions of games, game update data, video files and the latest system software update data can be automatically downloaded and installed directly to your PlayStation®3 system according to the time period you set. This feature is available to all users with software version 4.50 and later.
How it works
To turn on this feature, go to (Settings) > (System Settings) > [Automatic Download] .
|On||Set to use the automatic download feature.|
|Off||Set to not use the automatic download feature.|
- After selecting [On], use the directional buttons to select the time period during which you want the system to automatically download the content. If required, follow the on-screen instructions to confirm settings for automatic login to your system under (Users) and automatic sign-in to your Sony Entertainment Network account.
- The Automatic Download feature:
- turns on your PS3 system every 48 hours (during the timeframe you designate)
- checks for content
- downloads anything available to your PS3
- shuts off your PS3 system
- If your system is on during the timeframe you designate to check for updates, your PS3 will check for updates after it is turned off, during its next designated timeframe. This will likely be 24 – 48 hours later.
- If you already have the content on your system, PlayStation Plus will not push the content to your system. (This is true even if you get the content and then delete it.)
- This feature can be used on only one PS3 system per Sony Entertainment Network account. When this feature is set to [On] and [Automatic Download] has already been set on another PS3 using the same Sony Entertainment Network account, the setting on the other PS3 will be automatically set to [Off].
- The PS3 must be in standby mode (power indicator is lit solid red) during the time period when you want the system to automatically download the content.
- System software update data will be downloaded automatically but not installed. You must install the system software update data manually.
- is displayed for content that has been automatically downloaded. Any content that has been automatically downloaded and installed but has not been used will be automatically deleted after one month.
- Automatic download will not be performed if the amount of free space on your system’s hard disk is less than 5 GB.