PlayStation Knowledge Center
If you are experiencing problems connecting to Netflix on your PlayStation®3 system, try these troubleshooting options.
Verify Internet connection
The PlayStation 3 must be connected to the Internet to connect to Netflix. Click here if you need help troubleshooting a wireless connection. Click here if you need help troubleshooting a wired connection
Unable to connect to Netflix Message
If you receive a "We're unable to connect you to Netflix. Please try again later" message when using Netflix on the PS3, you may need to manually update your system clock.
Manually updating the PS3 Date and Time settings
- From the XMB™ home menu, go to (Settings) > (Date and Time Settings) > [Date and Time]
- Select Set Manually
- Enter the current date and time, and press the button to confirm
- Launch Netflix
Deleting and reinstalling the Netflix application
If you've manually set the system clock and you're still unable to connect to Netflix, try deleting and reinstalling the Netflix application. In order to fully remove Netflix, you must delete application and the saved data. Follow the step below to learn how to do this.
- From the XMB home menu, go to (TV/Video Services).
- Navigate to the Netflix icon, press the button, select and press the button
- Next, go to (Game), scroll up to the icon, press the button.
- Once again, navigate to the Netflix icon, press the button, select and press the button
- Retun back to (TV/Video Services), the Netflix icon will still be visible. Select the Netflix icon and press the button to reinstall the application
- Launch Netflix
Try again laterSometimes, simply waiting a few minutes and then starting the Netflix app will resolve the connection issue.
If you've tried all of the above steps and still have problems connecting to Netflix, please contact Netflix support here.