PlayStation Knowledge Center
The PSN Status Indicator is now located in the top right corner of PlayStation.com
If you know the email address and password associated with your Sony Entertainment Network account, changing your password via the PS3 is a piece of cake. Simply follow the instructions below.
- On the XMB™, go to (PlayStation Network), select "Sign In", and press the button. This will bring you to the PlayStation Network sign in screen. Note: If you see (Account Management) instead of "Sign In", then you are already signed in. Proceed to Step 3 below).
- Enter your PSN Sign-In ID and password, for which you wish to recover your password, then highlight "Sign" In" and press the button.
- Select (Account Management) and press the button.
- Select (Account Information) and press the button.
- Choose "Password" and press the button.
- Enter your password and press the button.
- Enter your new password in the top field and re-enter it in the second field. Highlight "confirm" and press the button.
- You'll receive confirmation that your password has been changed. Nice work!