PlayStation Knowledge Center
Files in the Game Data Utility folder, are saved settings for a game (i.e., controller preferences, brightness settings, etc.). These files are not game saves. To remove a game data file from the PlayStation 3:
- In the XMBTM home menu, go to (Game) > [Game Data Utility].
Important: Make sure you select [Game Data Utility]. Do NOT select [Saved Data Utility], as this will delete all of your saved games files.
- Highlight the game data utility file (i.e., name of a particular game you have been playing) you wish to delete.
- Press the button and select [Delete].
- Highlight "Yes" and press the button to confirm the deletion.
- A message indicating the file is being deleted will appear.
- A "Delete completed." message will appear once the file has been successfully deleted.
If you wish to play this particular game again, you will be prompted to reinstall this game data utility file (which may take several minutes).
Removing a game data utility file will NOT affect your online stats (if you have any).