PlayStation Knowledge Center
The PSN Status Indicator is now located in the top right corner of PlayStation.com
If the PS Vita Memory Card wasn't recognized or won't work, try the following:
- Remove and insert the PS Vita card again while the system is turned off.
Be sure to perform the above operation when the system is turned off.
If you remove or insert a PS Vita card while the system is turned on, data may be lost.
- Confirm that the PS Vita system software is the latest version.
You can confirm the system software version by tapping [Settings] > [Start] > [System] > [System Information] from the home screen.
Click here to learn how to update the system software.
- If possible, try using a different PS Vita Memory Card. If the card is detected by your PS Vita, the problem may be with your specific card.
- If possible, try using your PS Vita Memory Card on a different PS Vita. If the other PS Vita recognizes your Ps Vita Memory Card, the problem may be with your PS Vita.
- Did you insert a memory card designed specifically for the PlayStation®Vita system?
The PS Vita system can only use a the PS Vita specific Memory Card.
Make sure that you did not insert another type of card by mistake.
If you continue to have problems, your system will need to be sent in for service. Click here for service information