PlayStation Knowledge Center
The PSN Status Indicator is now located in the top right corner of PlayStation.com
On April 3, 2012, a new video streaming service, Amazon Instant Video, launched on the PS3. Amazon Instant Video is a video streaming service which offers options for rental and purchase of movie, TV, and original programming content. Video content that is purchased can be watched on the PS3, on the Amazon viewer, or any other Amazon Instant Video enabled device.
Consumers who are Amazon Prime members will be given access to 17,000 free pieces of TV and movie content.
Please note that Amazon Instant Video is only available for US consumers.
Using the Service
In order to use the service with the PS3, you must have an Amazon Account and a Sony Entertainment Network account. The PS3 must be activated for Amazon Instant Video by taking the code provided by the PS3 and entering it on the Amazon website.
- Go to (TV / Video Services) > [My Channels] and download the Amazon Instant Video app.
Launch the Amazon Instant Video app under (TV / Video Services).
- Select "Register your Amazon Account" from the "Your Home" screen.
- You will be given a code that you will need to enter on your computer.
- Go to "http://www.amazon.com/mytv" and enter the code you are given.
- You will receive a message that says "Success. You have registered this device to your Amazon.com account." Click "OK" and enjoy the vast world of Amazon Instant Video!