PlayStation Knowledge Center
Did you know that you can control the PS3 YouTube app with a mobile device, such as an iPhone or Android phone? This article explains how to pair your device with your YouTube account and PS3.
Pairing Mobile Device
With your smartphone you can control the YouTube app to watch as well as browse videos.
- From the PS3 go to "Login & Settings" and select "Pair Device"
- You will be prompted to go to www.youtube.com/pair on your mobile device and enter in the code to pair your mobile device. Make sure to not close this screen as the code will no longer be valid.
- On your smartphone's browser go to www.youtube.com/pair. The screen telling you to "Add YouTube TV" will appear. Enter in the pairing code on the PS3 and a name then click on "Add YouTube TV".
- Once complete, the Paired counter in the PS3 YouTube app will show that your phone has been paired.
- Your smartphone will also show that it is connected to the YouTube app and you can start enjoying the videos from your PS3.
- On the Phone
- On the PS3
- On the Phone
Watching on PS3 and Mobile Device
To change where your phone will play the YouTube video, simply tap the TV icon and it will bring up a list of paired YouTube TV devices. Then select the device you wish to play the video on.
While watching on PS3
TV icon will be red when you are playing the video on your PS3.
Watching on Mobile Device
TV icon will be gray when the video is playing on your mobile device.