PlayStation Knowledge Center
You can select PayPal as a payment method by visiting the Sony Entertainment Network website and logging in to your PSN account. You can also use it as a direct payment method for PlayStation Store purchases as an available funding option when browsing the store on a PlayStation system.
You still have the option of adding funds using a Credit Card or a PSN Card, but PayPal is a great option for those looking for an alternate payment method.
PayPal is available for US, Canada, Mexico, Chile, Peru, Colombia, Argentina consumers.
Funding Your Wallet Using PayPal via the PS3 or PS4
- Choose your purchases and select [Add Funds] or [Proceed to Checkout] on the Purchase Confirmation screen
- Select [Add a PayPal Account]
- Enter your PayPal email address and password and press [Log in]
- Confirm PayPal Account Agreement and press [Accept]
Funding Your Wallet Using PayPal via the PC
- Visit the SEN website, https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com and log in to your SEN account.
- Go to the Account tab, select Wallet, and click on "Add Funds to Wallet".
- Click on PayPal as your method of payment.
- Enter the amount of funds you want to add to your wallet in the "Funding Amount" field, then click "Continue".
- You will see a screen indicating that you will leave the SEN website to go to the PayPal website. Click "Continue".
- On the PayPal website, log in to your PayPal account and complete the transaction.
- After successfully completing the transaction on PayPal, you will automatically be directed back to the SEN website with the "Your transaction was successful" message.
Due to a slight delay, there are times where you may not immediately see the newly added funds after arriving back from the PayPal site. To see the funds, simply log out from your account and log back in and your Wallet should reflect the "Funding Amount" you selected.
Messages you may see
- Success: "Your transaction was successful."
- Pending: "There may be a delay in processing the transaction." If you receive this message, try logging out and logging back in to your SEN account and the funds should appear.
- Failure: "Your transaction was unsuccessful."