PlayStation Knowledge Center
The PSN Status Indicator is now located in the top right corner of PlayStation.com
This article explains how to connect your PlayStation®4 to a TV or other HDMI-compatible display.
What you need
- PlayStation 4 system
- Power Cable
- HDMI Cable
- HDMI-compatible TV or display
Important: The PS4 can not be connected via component, composite, VGA, DVI, or any other non-HDMI method.
- Plug the included HDMI cable into the HDMI Out port of the PlayStation 4.
- Connect the other end of the HDMI cable into an available HDMI In port on your TV. Note the input you use as you may need to change the displayed input on your TV later.
- Connect the AC power cord to the AC In port located on the lower left of the back of the PlayStation 4, and plug the other end into an electrical outlet.
- Turn on the PlayStation 4 by touching the power button on the front of the system.
- Turn on your TV. Make sure the TV is set to display the input the PS4 is using.
Configure Display Settings
The PS4 will automatically configure its video output. If you'd like to make changes to how video is displayed, please see this article on configuring PS4 video settings.
If you experience issues when connecting your PS4 to a TV, please see our Video/Picture troubleshooting article (coming soon).