PlayStation Knowledge Center
This article provides information on setting your PlayStation® 4 as your Primary system with your PlayStation Network Account.
By activating your PlayStation 4 as primary you can enjoy numerous benefits and actions
- Anyone who uses your Primary PS4™ system can enjoy applications you purchase from PlayStation®Store.
- You can automatically download to the PS4 system content you pre-ordered, or content purchased on PlayStation®App.
- You can connect to the PS4 system from a PS Vita system via the Internet using Remote Play.
Activating a system
There are two ways to activate your system.
- First time sign-in to your PSN account: You will be prompted to activate the console during the Sign-In process.
- After you have signed into your PSN Account: Select [PSN] > [Activate as Your Primary PS4] > [Activate].
Deactivating a system
You can deactivate your account from your PS4 or at http://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/.
- PS4: Select [PSN] > [Activate as Your Primary PS4] > [Deactivate] on an activated PS4™ system.
- Sony Entertainment Website: Go to http://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/
- Select [Deactivate All] under [Account] > [Media and Devices] for the type of content for which you want to deactivate all activated systems.
- You can activate only one PS4 system per account.
- If a user activates a system with his or her account, other users on the system can use applications and enjoy some PlayStation Plus benefits from that account, even if that user is not logged in.
- To enjoy certain PlayStation Plus benefits, you must subscribe to the service.
- You can deactivate a PS4 system only from that system. Deactivate the PS4 system before transferring or disposing of it.
- If multiple users have activated the system as their primary PS4 system, deactivate it for each user.
- Depending on the type of content, you might not be able to deactivate all of the activated systems using this page.
- http://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/ is only available in certain countries and regions.