PlayStation Knowledge Center
The PSN Status Indicator is now located in the top right corner of PlayStation.com
Internet radio is an Internet service that allows you to tune into certain radio stations on the PSP system. To listen to an Internet radio broadcast on a PSP system, you must first download an Internet radio player.
For more information about Internet radio, please visit the Internet Radio website.
- Requires PSP system software version of 3.80 or higher. Visit PSP System Software Update to download and install the most recent version.
- You must have a valid network connection (Infrastructure Mode) in order for the PSP system to connect to the Internet.
Using Internet radio
- Go to (Network) > (Internet Radio) and press the button.
- Highlight [About Internet radio] and press the button.
- You will be taken to the PSP Internet Radio page.
- About Internet radio - Provides details about using Internet radio
- Adding an Internet radio player - Allows you to choose an Internet radio player
- Select "Adding an Internet radio player".
- You will be taken to the "Adding an Internet radio player" page.
- After you have decided which Internet radio player you wish to download, select [Add the player to Memory Stick DuoTM media] for that player.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to add the player. The player will be automatically downloaded to the correct location.
- Once the player has been added, the icon for the player will be found under (Network) >
(Internet Radio). Highlight the player and press the button. The PSP system will then connect to the Internet and access the Internet radio player.
- Select [Yes] when the "Do you want to run the plug-in embedded in this page?" message.
- The Internet radio player screen will be displayed. Scroll down to choose the genre you wish to listen to and the station will be automatically be played or single genre Internet radio players will simply play the music.
Internet Radio Players
There are four types of Internet radio players available.
- Internet Radio Player I
Internet Radio Player I provides content from SHOUTcast. There are 50 genres of music that you can select each with a number of radio stations that will be automatically be played once the genre is selected.
- Internet Radio Player II
Internet Radio Player II provides content from ICECAST (icecast.org). Similar to Internet Radio Player I, you may select from 50 genres of music. Once a genre is selected, the player will randomly select a radio station from the genre you selected.
- The "CLIP" Internet radio player series
The "CLIP" Internet radio player series will only play music from one genre. You can listen to you favorite stations from a particular genre by adding a "CLIP" player.
- The "One Switch Radio" Internet radio player series
These Internet radio players allow you to change stations by flipping a single switch. Each radio player allows you to play stations from a particular genre. You can add as many players as you like.