PlayStation Knowledge Center
The PSN Status Indicator is now located in the top right corner of PlayStation.com
Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) and Sony Network Entertainment International (SNEI) values your privacy and the security of your account. Our customers have entrusted us with certain information so that they can enjoy the full PlayStation® experience. We appreciate your trust and have taken measures to protect your account from unauthorized access.
SCEA and SNEI will NEVER request password or personal information from users online via chat or email. Additionally we will never offer guaranteed spots in upcoming betas or other promotions in exchange for personal information. Users who ask for this information are not authorized by SCEA or SNEI to do so and we advise that you report these users as suspicious.Click here to report suspicious users.
Protecting your information
As a reminder to our seasoned gamers, and to inform new users, we offer these guidelines for safe gaming that will help keep your account private and secure.
- NEVER share your account details with anyone, especially online (in-game, via chat, or email).
- Select a strong password to protect your account. Please see below for password requirements.
- Contain at least 8 characters
- Contain at least 1 letter and 1 number
- Not contain any character used more than 2 times in a row (example: gamerr11)
- Not match the sign-in ID
- Not match the Online ID
- Not match your existing password
- Make sure your password is unique and not something you commonly use for other accounts or logins.
- When changing your password, don’t use one that you previously used for this account.
- Be sure to log out of your account anytime you use a PlayStation® product that is not yours, or anytime other people might use your PlayStation product.
- IMPORTANT: Make sure the email address you use for your account is active and accessible. You will receive email confirmations for most major account related activities (purchases, change of password or email, etc.) to the email address you provide.
If you suspect that someone has gained access to your account or inappropriate activities are taking place:
- Change your password
Change your password immediately. As noted above, make your password strong and unique, also ensure the email address associated with your account is active and accessible. Also check your personal information to see if any changes have been made and your transaction history to confirm you authorized the listed transactions. Click here to reset your password.
- Let us know
View our Contacting Support page for hours of operation and additional ways to receive support.
Fake/Scam PSN Code Generator
We've received reports regarding a fake PSN Code Generator that asks you to enter your PlayStation Network (PSN) information in exchange for generating free PSN vouchers. Please note that this is a scam designed to obtain your PSN information.
If you have entered your information in the PSN Code Generator, we recommend you take the following actions:
- Change your email and password for your PlayStation Network account using the official PlayStation Network Website.
- Contact our Consumer Services department at 1-800-345-7669, and contact your credit or debit card customer service representative.
- Check the email tied to your PlayStation Network account for notification of suspicious purchases.
- Delete any random chain messages, even if they are from friends.
- Block users who send you chain messages.
- As some of the tools may have malicious code or backdoors, scan your system for malware.