PlayStation Knowledge Center
You can use the following forms of payment to purchase items at the PlayStation®Store:
- American Express
- Debit and check cards with the official MasterCard or Visa logos printed on them
- PlayStation Network Card (PSN Card)
The PlayStation Network Card (PSN Card) is a prepaid card that may be used to apply funds to a PlayStation Wallet without using a credit card. Please visit your local authorized PlayStation retailer to purchase the PSN Card. Prepaid cards are only available for use on accounts from within the same country of purchase.
The following are currently NOT acceptable forms of payment at the PlayStation Store:
- Prepaid Credit Cards
- Bank drafts or checks
- International* Credit Cards
- International* Cash Cards
* Countries outside of the United States and Canada
Click here to find out how to add credit card information to your Sony Entertainment Network account.
- Your wallet can hold a maximum of $150.00 and you can use any of the payment methods shown above to top up your wallet.
- You can register up to 3 credit cards and a single PayPal account on your wallet. You can also select one of these registered payment methods to use as your default top-up method.
- Verify with your bank whether your credit or debit card is compatible with Address Verification System (AVS). Cards that do not support AVS will not work on the PSN.
- Credit/debit cards for use with the North American PlayStation®Store, must have a billing address within North America.
- If you are located outside of the North American region, you may still be able to create a Sony Entertainment Network account using a US or US territory address and purchase content from the North American PlayStation Store, however, you must have a North American credit card or debit card (with a Visa or MasterCard logo).
- If you have issues entering billing information onto your Sony Entertainment Network account, please see our guidelines for entering billing information.