PlayStation Knowledge Center
The PSN Status Indicator is now located in the top right corner of PlayStation.com
Create a Master Account for the PlayStation®Network
Please note: Sign-In ID can be up to 30 characters long when creating or updating Sony Entertainment Network accounts.
Table of Contents
Registering for the PlayStation NetworkHere is a step-by-step guide to registering for the PlayStation Network and creating your Online ID.
- On the XMB, go to (Users) > (Create New User) to create a new User. (You do not need to do this step if this is the first time using the PS3.)
- Go to (PlayStation Network), then down to "Sign Up for PlayStation®Network" and press the button.
- Highlight "Create a New Account" and press the button again.
- Fill out requested information, highlight "Continue" and press the button.
- Scroll down to read the full end user agreement or press right on the D-Pad to jump to the bottom of the screen.
- Enter the following:
- Email Address (this will become your Sign In ID)
- Password (twice for confirmation)
- Security Question
- Answer to Security Question
- Create an Online ID, then select continue and press the button.
Note - Your Online ID will identify you to other players on the PlayStation Network.
- Enter your first and last name, then select continue and press the button.
- Enter a valid mailing street address, then select continue and press the button.
- Verify account information and then select continue and press the button.
A message will appear confirming you created your Sony Entertainment Network account.
- Additionally, you may choose an avatar for your newly created Online ID.
The following video tutorial describes how to create a new Sony Entertainment Network Master account.