To ensure you're one of the first to receive the update, please make sure the following settings are enabled on your PlayStation 4:
To enter rest mode:
- From the function area go to [Settings] and press the X button
- Select [Power Saving Settings] > [Set Functions Available in Rest Mode]
- Ensure the [Stay Connected to the Internet] setting is also checked
- Next, from the [Settings] menu go to [System] > [Automatic Downloads and Uploads]
- Tick the check box for both [System Software Update Files] and [Install Automatically]
- Finally, you need to leave your PS4 in rest mode to allow automatic downloads and uploads to take place when you’re not using the system.
- Press and hold the PS button to view the Quick Menu.
- Select [Enter Rest Mode] and press the X button.