PlayStation Knowledge Center
Purchasing videos to own from PlayStation Network Video Download Serviceis similar to purchasing a Blu-ray Disc™ or DVD movie, with the difference being you can store your purchased videos to your PS3, PSP System, or PC. Plus, you can play back your purchased content on one PS3 and up to three PSP systems. There are specific guidelines when purchasing videos from the PlayStation Network.
Guidelines for purchasing videos to own
- Purchased videos to own have no time limit for viewing, so as long as the terms of the agreement are not violated, the purchased videos can be viewed indefinitely
- Purchased videos to own in standard definition can be played on a single activated PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and up to 3 activated PSP® portable entertainment systems.
- Purchased videos to rent in standard definition can be downloaded to a single PS3 or a single PSP system then passed between either activated system once.
- Videos purchased on the video store cannot be re-downloaded once it has been downloaded to either a PS3 or PSP system
- Any user on a PS3 may begin playback of a video purchased to own once it has been downloaded to the system (unless some other restriction, such as parental controls