PlayStation Knowledge Center
On the PlayStation Network, you may download content from the PlayStation®Store onto either your PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system or your PSP® portable entertainment system. If you wish to browse or download free items from the PlayStation Store, you are not required to have billing information in your account. On the other hand, if you wish to purchase items you will need to add funds to your account.
You can add funds in two ways:
- Through a credit card
You can add funds to your Sony Entertainment Network Master account through a credit card.
Please note, when you add funds using a credit card, your credit card information will be saved in your account settings. Click here if you wish to learn how to add or remove credit card information from your account.
- Through a PlayStation Network Card
You may add funds to your Sony Entertainment Network account through a PlayStation Network Card. A PlayStation Network Card is a prepaid card which has a predefined amount tied to it. When you use a PlayStation Network Card, all the funds will be transferred to your account. Click here to learn more about PlayStation Network Cards.
- Go to (PlayStation®Network) > (Account Management) on the XMB.
- Then go to (Transaction Management) > (Transfer to Wallet).
- Select whether you wish to add funds via a Credit Card or a PlayStation Network Card.
- Enter the appropriate information and complete the funding. Your account will then be funded with the amount and you can purchase items from the PlayStation Store.
Using a PC
- On you PC, go to https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com and sign in to your SEN account.
- Once logged in, you can click on "Account" tab at the top or click on "Add Funds to Wallet" in the Wallet section.
- In the Account tab, click on "Wallet" on the left then "Add Funds to Wallet".
- You can choose to "Add a Credit Card" or "Use Prepaid Card" if you do not have a credit card on file.
- Prepaid Cards
A prepaid card are PlayStation Network cards, where there is a voucher code printed on it. Prepaid credit cards cannot be used here.
- Prepaid Cards
- If you do not have a credit card on file, you will be prompted to enter billing address and credit card info.
- Once you enter your credit card information or if you already have a credit card on file, you will be prompted to select the amount you wish to add to your wallet by clicking on the drop down.
- You will then be asked to confirm the amount
- Once complete, the funds are now available in your wallet.
You may also have funds automatically added to your account if there are insufficient funds to pay for subscription renewals. Click here for more information on automatic funding.
Sub account funding
A sub account holder cannot create a wallet but can use the wallet for the associated master account to pay for products and services. A master account holder can set monthly spending limits for associated sub accounts. Click here to learn about adding funds and setting spending limits for a sub account.