PlayStation Knowledge Center
Screen Reader users press enter to Limit by product. Limit by product
Screen Reader users press enter to Limit by category. Limit by category
Was this answer helpful?
Thanks for your input!
PlayStation Knowledge Center
Please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.
Still need help or have a question? Please contact us below.
Click here to view our phone support hours.
Click here to learn about Community Forums.
[PS3™ system] Updated 06/20/2012
Note: The software is preinstalled on VAIO computer models released after Fall 2010, and available for download on most VAIO computers that have the Windows 7 operating system preinstalled.
- Log into the PlayStation Network using your username and password.
- On the computer, click the Start button and then click All Programs.
- In the All Programs menu, click PlayStation Tools and then click Remote Play with PlayStation3.
- In the What is Remote Play with PlayStation3? window, click the Next button.
- In the Set Nickname window, next to Nickname: , type a name for this computer. The name is used by the PlayStation3 system to identify the computer.
- A "Register this computer to the PlayStation3 system" window is displayed. Leave this window open and go to the PlayStation3 system.
- On the PlayStation3 system, navigate to the Settings menu. Note: You must be logged into the PlayStation Network in order to setup, access and use the Remote Play feature.
- In the Settings menu, navigate to Remote Play Settings and press the X button.
- Verify Register Device is selected and press the X button.
- In the Register Device screen, select PC and press the X button.
- An 8-digit registration number is displayed. Note: Your registration number will differ from the one displayed in the images.
- On the computer, in the Register this computer to the PlayStation3 system window, next to Number:, type the 8-digit number displayed in the previous step and then click the Next button.
- The computer and the PlayStation3 system will connect via a wireless connection and complete the registration process.
-- If prompted for an administrator password or a User Account Control prompt is displayed, type the appropriate password, or click Yes .
-- During the registration process, the computer will disconnect from your wireless network so it can connect directly to the PlayStation3 system.
- When the registration is complete, on the PlayStation3 system, on the Register completed screen, press the X button.
Note: On the computer, a Register Device process is complete window is displayed. Leave this window open.
- On the PlayStation3 system, navigate to the Network menu.
- On the Network menu, select Remote Play and then press the X button.
- A Remote Play screen is displayed indicating the PlayStation3 system is ready for a remote connection.
- On the computer, in the Register Device process is complete window, click the Connect button.
- When the connection process is complete, on the PlayStation3 system, a Remote Play in Progress screen is displayed.
- On the computer in the Remote Play with PlayStation 3 window, the PlayStation3 menu is displayed and ready for your control.
Note: A Key assignment window is displayed showing how to use the keyboard to control the PlayStation3 system.
Your Answer History