PlayStation Knowledge Center
The PSN Status Indicator is now located in the top right corner of PlayStation.com
An official YouTube app is now available for the PS3. With the YouTube app, you can experience YouTube in a whole new way.
In the YouTube app, you will find:
- Search: Finding the videos you want is easier than ever, with search suggestions and instant video results while you type. Note, that you will not be able to use external keyboards at this time.
- Your subscribed channels: Sign in to find the latest videos from your YouTube subscriptions, which now also includes official music videos.
- Your phone as a remote: With a quick pairing process, you can control YouTube on PS3 with a smartphone. Find a video on your phone and with a button it'll play on the big screen. While the video is playing you can control it from the phone, or keep browsing YouTube for the next one.
Installing the App
- On the XMB, go to (TV/Video Services) > [My Channels].
- Highlight the YouTube app and press the button.
- You will be asked to download the YouTube app. Select "Yes".
- The application will download and install.
- The app will automatically launch and you can begin to enjoy YouTube.
Sign In / Activate
You can sign-in to your YouTube account to view your subscriptions, uploads, playlists, likes and more.
- Go to "Login & Settings" and select "Sign In" and press the button.
- You will be prompted to go to www.youtube.com/activate to link your YouTube account with the PS3 YouTube app. Make sure not to leave this screen otherwise the code will no longer be valid.
- On a PC, go to www.youtube.com/activate, and enter the code and then click "Continue".
- Click "Allow access" to continue.
- You will be given a confirmation screen.
- The PS3 YouTube app will automatically recognize your account and show your YouTube username.